Evercloak Inc. is looking for a recent post-secondary graduate from chemical engineering, chemistry, or nanotechnology with a strong desire to be a part of our growing start-up company. In this position, the Coating Technician will be responsible for developing and advancing surface chemistry needs for Evercloak’s technology and products. The coating technician will work closely with Evercloak’s Coating Specialist and other members of the team to develop membranes and coatings using our manufacturing process for 2D nanomaterial membranes and thin films.
What you’ll do
The Coating Technician will:
- optimize and develop coatings for membrane applications,
- work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary environment, balancing requirements across engineering, chemistry and manufacturing,
- synthesize ink and fabricate membranes for needs in other application departments,
- develop QC techniques/methods for assessing quality of surface treatments,
- work to develop and execute standard operating procedures for Evercloak’s 2D thin-film manufacturing process,
- accurately collect and record work,
- test, analyze and interpret data in collaboration with the engineering team, and
- use PPE and technical equipment responsibly and ensure equipment is calibrated, maintained and in good condition.
You are excited and motivated by making a big impact in an organization. You thrive on challenges and are a quick learner. You are detail-oriented and have an aptitude for quality control. You are trustworthy, dependable, and organized and you are able to take ownership of results. You are self-driven and able to plan your own tasks. You are adaptable and able to adjust to situations quickly and efficiently. You are energetic and have a positive attitude. In addition, qualified candidates:
- possess a degree or diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution in a related engineering program (e.g., chemical engineering, chemistry, nanotechnology),
- have a solid understanding of nanomaterial applications and surface characterization techniques (AFM, SEM, FTIR),
- are detailed oriented,
- have excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- are able to work with large volumes of chemicals, which can at times be heavy to handle, and
- are able to work independently and in a team environment.
Employment term: This is a 1-year, temporary position, with the possibility of extension.
Working hours: 40/hrs week
Work location: Kitchener-Waterloo
Application requirements and process: Please read carefully. Applications for this position should be submitted to Plum’s Talent Resilience Platform. Applications should include:
1)Cover letter and resume
2) Plum Discovery Survey: We want to know more about who you are and how you’ll fit with our team and culture. As such, we ask that you complete the Plum Discovery Survey (follow the “Apply here” link below). By taking our Discovery Survey you’ll get a chance to get your own Plum Profile that highlights your strengths and gives you tips to make sure your next role is the right fit.
Apply here: https://bit.ly/2Z8VTtD
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.